Welcome to the Clallam County Gem and Mineral Association [CCGMA]. The CCGMA is a nonprofit corporation organized for the purpose of creating, developing, and encouraging interest in the rock, gem, and mineral hobbies as well as locating and identifying various material through field trips.Our club is one of the few gem and mineral clubs to have its very own workshop, where our members have the use of many types of equipment to practice and perfect their lapidary skills. It also allows us to teach those skills to many newcomers to the hobby. In addition our club has classes on wire wrapping, faceting, chain making and silversmithing. We have creative learning activities for all ages. Each Fall, we sponsor a Gem and Mineral show here in Sequim, Washington.
** Hot News **
1. Members in good standing have received (by postal mail) copies of proposed changes to our club’s By-Laws. These changes will be voted on at our June 18th meeting. Members must be present in order to vote on these revisions…. Please review these changes and plan to be there if you can.
2. Program – May Meeting: President Dean will make a presentation on jade at the May meeting. Any suggestions for speakers for future meeting would be appreciated. Please contact President Dean.
3. June Rock/Fossil Hunting Trip: President Dean and Vice President Linda will plan a rock/fossil hunting outing for the month of June. Details will be presented to members at the May meeting with final plans to be determined at that time. Locations being considered are the West Lyre River area and a beachcombing walk along Rialto Beach.
4. Annual CCGMA YARD SALE - May 31st and June 1st
(Friday & Saturday)
Held at Lester & Nancy Mears’ home – 92 Williamson Street, Sequim
Hours: 9 am to 4 pm
This is our annual yard sale. Items sold are not limited to lapidary or club-related material. All typical yard/garage sale items are welcome. The club will sell rock and some lapidary-related items. We advertise in both the Sequim and Port Angeles papers, and invite the Port Townsend club members to stop by.
-Please let Lester know if you’re planning to participate so we can plan the space layout.
–No cost to you; however, we ask for a $20 deposit to confirm you’re coming—will be refunded if you’re there both days.
– Setup: can be either Thursday afternoon or Friday morning. Please let Lester know your plans.
-We have 8’ folding tables available to rent: one – $5 for both days. Let Lester know if you want one (or more).
-If you set up Thursday, be sure you can cover the tables in case of rain (and/or wind)—same for Friday night.
– Bring your own chairs, plus sunscreen, sunglasses, hats, jackets, lunch, etc. —we never know what the weather will do.
Please wear your club badge during the sale.
After the sale teardown on Saturday afternoon we usually meet at a local restaurant for a bite to eat.
OTHER IMPORTANT DATES:
5. FALL OPEN HOUSE ——— August 24, 2013 —–10 AM – 4 PM At the Shop
6. CCGMA CLUB ROCK/GEM SHOW S———- Sept. 13, 14, 15 Vern Burton Center – Port Angeles.
Monthly Lunch Schedule: 2013
Begins at 12:30 PM.
June 3rd – Monday – Stymies @ Cedars @ Dungeness Golf Course
July 1st – Monday – Sack Lunch at John Wayne Marina
August 5th – Monday – Cornerhouse Restaurant – Port Angeles
September 2nd – Monday – Asian Bistro (former Dynasty Restaurant in QFC Shopping Center)
October 7th – Monday – Black Bear – Sequim
November 4th – Monday – Oak Table – Sequim
December 2nd Monday – Tarcisio’s “The Italian Grill” – Sequim
The “fallback” restaurant is the Fortune Star Chinese Restaurant.