Welcome to the Clallam County Gem and Mineral Association [CCGMA]. The CCGMA is a nonprofit corporation organized for the purpose of creating, developing, and encouraging interest in the rock, gem, and mineral hobbies as well as locating and identifying various material through field trips.Our club is one of the few gem and mineral clubs to have its very own workshop, where our members have the use of many types of equipment to practice and perfect their lapidary skills. It also allows us to teach those skills to many newcomers to the hobby. In addition our club has classes on wire wrapping, faceting, chain making and silversmithing. We have creative learning activities for all ages. Each Fall, we sponsor a Gem and Mineral show here in Sequim, Washington.
** Hot News **
1. Members in good standing have received (by postal mail) copies of proposed changes to our club’s By-Laws. These changes will be voted on at our June 18th meeting. Members must be present in order to vote on these revisions…. Please review these changes and plan to be there if you can.
CCGMA GENERAL MEETING TUESDAY JUNE 18, 2013 at 7:00 P.M.
- Call to Order
- Pledge to the Flag
- Board Members Prese
- Visitors Present
- New Member Present
- Total Present
4. Acceptance of 5/21/2013 Minutes
5. Correspondence and Rock Show Flyers
6. Treasurer’s Report Given
- Current Debt Card Balance
- Checking Account Balance
- Membership Due
7. OLD BUSINESS
- Shop Report (Lester)
- Classes: Wire Wrap, Chain Mail, Silver Smith, New Classes
- 501(c)3 Update
- Update Club Rock & Gem Show
- VOTING BYLAW CHANGES – MUST BE PRESENT TO VOTE
- Club Policies & Procedures and Board Job Descriptions
- Club Outing to Rialto Beach
8. NEW BUSINESS
- Other New Business
9. SPECIAL ANNOUNCEMENTS
10. PROGRAM - TERRY STOCKMAN – KNAPPING OBSIDIAN
11. 50/50 and Door Prize Drawings
- Winner 50/50__________________
- Door Prizes____________________________
2. June Rock/Fossil Hunting Trip: CLUB OUTING WITH BEACHCOMBING
WHEN: FATHER’S DAY JUNE 16TH
WHERE: RIALTO BEACH
TIME: LEAVE SEQUIM 8:30 AM (should return around 4 PM)
MEETING PLACE: J C PENNEY PARKING LOT (arrive before 8:30 AM)
NOTE: Bring sack lunch, warm coats, NO BUCKETS. Port Angeles area
call to arrange pick up. Restrooms available.
Questions: Call DEAN CARNES (360) 681-2576
(water provided by Pres.Carnes)
OTHER IMPORTANT DATES:
3. FALL OPEN HOUSE ——— August 24, 2013 —–10 AM – 4 PM At the Shop
4. CCGMA CLUB ROCK/GEM SHOW S———- Sept. 13, 14, 15 Vern Burton Center – Port Angeles.
Monthly Lunch Schedule: 2013
Begins at 12:30 PM.
July 1st – Monday – Sack Lunch at John Wayne Marina
August 5th – Monday – Cornerhouse Restaurant – Port Angeles
September 2nd – Monday – Asian Bistro (former Dynasty Restaurant in QFC Shopping Center)
October 7th – Monday – Black Bear – Sequim
November 4th – Monday – Oak Table – Sequim
December 2nd Monday – Tarcisio’s “The Italian Grill” – Sequim
The “fallback” restaurant is the Fortune Star Chinese Restaurant.